Standard Cataract Surgery Dallas
Standard monofocal cataract surgery is our most basic form of Cataract surgery. It involves simple removal of the Cataract and placement of a standard monofocal lens. These lens implants do not correct astigmatism or correct vision at multiple distances. The expectation should be that glasses will be required after surgery. If you are in need of professional medical care to treat your cataracts, our team at Lasercare Eye Center can provide you with the care and results you need.
What are the limitations of Standard Monofocal Cataract Surgery?
No man-made lens implant is perfect in every patient and in every situation.
From our experience, these are the top 2 limitations of Standard Monofocal Cataract Surgery:
- Astigmatism: This lens does not correct astigmatism.
- Monofocal lens: Unlike the multifocal lenses, this lens does not correct vision at different distances. It requires glasses to correct vision for near, computer and far distance.
Who is the ideal patient for this lens implant?
- A patient who does not want to invest in their vision.
- A patient who is okay with needing glasses for all visual tasks in the future.
- A patient who has never had corneal surgery such as LASIK, PRK or RK. Corneal surgery patients, inquire about ORA Smartvision and laser cataract surgery.
The Cost of Standard Monofocal Cataract Surgery
During your consultation at Lasercare Eye Center, our team will discuss the potential cost of your standard monofocal cataract surgery. Our team will let you know if your insurance can help to cover some of the cost of the procedure, and can also inform you of the financing options we offer.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you have cataracts and are in need of professional medical care to properly treat the issue, contact Laser Eye Center today to schedule a consultation for your standard cataract surgery in Southlake, Dallas, Plano, or Irving. We are here to provide you with the personalized care you need.
Schedule a free consultation