Standard Cataract Surgery Dallas
This is our most basic form of Cataract surgery. It involves simple removal of the Cataract and placement of a standard monofocal lens. These lens implants do not correct astigmatism or correct vision at multiple distances. The expectation should be that glasses will be required after surgery.
What are the limitations of Standard Cataract Surgery?
No man-made lens implant is perfect in every patient and in every situation.
From our experience, these are the top 2 limitations of Standard Cataract Surgery:
- Astigmatism: This lens does not correct astigmatism.
- Monofocal lens: Unlike the multifocal lenses, this lens does not correct vision at different distances. It requires glasses to correct vision for near, computer and far distance.
Who is the ideal patient for this lens implant?
- A patient who does not want to invest in their vision.
- A patient who is okay with needing glasses for all visual tasks in the future.
- A patient who has never had corneal surgery such as LASIK, PRK or RK. Corneal surgery patients, inquire about ORA Smartvision and laser cataract surgery.
Related Blog Posts