Dry Eye Clinic
Dry eye is a very common problem affecting millions of Americans. It occurs when the eye does not produce enough tears (aqueous insufficiency) or when the tears have an abnormal consistency and evaporate too quickly (evaporative dry eye).
Dry Eye Center
LaserCare Eye Center offers a full-service, dedicated Dry Eye Clinic in Texas. It is staffed by Drs. Vu Tran and Ashley Chennankara. You can be seen at any of our clinics. Please call 214-328-0444 to schedule an appointment with one of our LaserCare Eye Center Dry Eye specialists to assist you with the proper diagnosis and treatment.
Who is at risk for Dry Eyes?
Dry eye can affect people of all ages and either sex.
- However, women, contact lenses wears and patients with a history of eye surgery are the most commonly affected.
- Additional risk factors include people on certain medications such as Diuretics, tranquilizers, antidepressants, and Decongestants.
- Additionally, people with certain diseases such as Collagen Vascular disorders (including Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, and Sjogren’s syndrome) and Thyroid disease are also at risk.
What are the symptoms of Dry Eye?
The common symptoms of Dry Eye include:
- Blurring and fluctuating vision
- Stringy mucus
- Burning and Foreign body sensation (scratchy feeling in the eye)
- Excessive tearing (this is a reflex to compensate for dry eyes)
- Eye fatigue and straining
- Light sensitivity
What are the treatment options?
- Most eye doctors will offer artificial tears (only works for those with mild disease).
- Punctal plugs: we offer 8 different types
- BlephEx blepharitis treatment
- Lipiflow thermal pulsation
- Moisture chamber goggles
- ProKera therapeutic device
- Prescription Anti-inflammatory drops such as Restasis and Xiidra
- Serum tears
Dry Eye Treatment Cost
The cost for dry eye treatment will depend on several factors. The price can be affected by the type of technique performed, complications, and even allergies. Find out more by scheduling a consultation with our Dry eye specialists in Texas.
Schedule a Consultation
Schedule your consultation for Dry Eye in Texas – contact LaserCare Eye Center and set up your appointment. During your appointment, you will be able to ask questions and bring up any concerns you may have about the procedure. Contact us today to get the vision you’ve always wanted!
Related Blog Posts
Dry Eyes? You May Need LipiFlow Thermal Pulsation Treatment
Dry Eyes are a common problem and could occur due to various reasons. Contact lens wearers are prone to this problem, as are those who… Read More
Schedule a free consultation