Dry Eye Clinic
Dry eye is a very common problem affecting millions of Americans. It occurs when the eye does not produce enough tears (aqueous insufficiency) or when the tears have an abnormal consistency and evaporate too quickly (evaporative dry eye).
Dry Eye Center
LaserCare Eye Center offers a full service, dedicated Dry Eye Clinic. It is staffed by Drs. Vu Tran and Ashley Chennankara. You can be seen at any of our clinics. Please call 214-328-0444 to schedule an appointment one of our LaserCare Eye Center Dry Eye specialists assist you with the proper diagnosis and treatment.
Who is at risk for Dry Eyes?
Dry eye can affect people of all ages and either sex.
- However, women, contact lens wears and patients with a history of eye surgery are the most commonly affected.
- Additional risk factors include people on certain medications such as Diuretics, tranquilizers, antidepressants, and Decongestants.
- Additionally, people with certain diseases such as Collagen Vascular disorders (includes Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus and Sjogren’s syndrome) and Thyroid disease are also at risk.
What are the symptoms of Dry Eye?
The common symptoms of Dry Eye include:
- Blurring and fluctuating vision
- Stringy mucus
- Burning and Foreign body sensation (scratchy feeling in the eye)
- Excessive tearing (this is reflex to compensate for dry eyes)
- Eye fatigue and straining
- Light sensitivity
If you are experiencing the above symptoms, call 214-328-0444 for an appointment with a LaserCare Eye Center Dry eye specialist.
What are the treatment options?
- Most eye doctors will offer artificial tears (only works for those with mild disease).
- Punctal plugs: we offer 8 different types
- BlephEx blepharitis treatment
- Lipiflow thermal pulsation
- Moisture chamber goggles
- ProKera therapeutic device
- Prescription Anti-inflammatory drops such as Restasis and Xiidra
- Serum tears
If your Eye doctor does not offer the above, call 214-328-0444 for an appointment with a LaserCare Eye Center Dry eye specialist.
Schedule a free consultation