Dr. Sidney Gicheru - Dallas Ophthalmologist
Dr. Sidney Gicheru M.D., the #LASIKBOSS, is a skilled and experienced Ophthalmologist Eye Doctor (Eye Surgeon and Physician). He is American Board of Ophthalmology certified. He has specialized in LASIK and Lens based Vision Correction Surgery since 2000. Dr Gicheru is one of few Dallas area LASIK surgeons who has had LASIK performed on his own eyes.
He has a wide array of experience with
- SMILE Eye Surgery (mini-LASIK)
- Laser Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Cataract surgery (including the TORIC and ReSTOR multifocal lens implant).
Dr Gicheru performs Comprehensive eye exams, as well as Laser treatments for Glaucoma and Diabetes in Irving, Southlake, Plano and surrounding areas of Dallas. Dr. Gicheru has had a long and distinguished career. He founded LaserCare Eye Center in 2000.
- He is a 2012 graduate of the Leadership Development Program of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- He has held leadership positions in many Ophthalmology institutions, including the Texas Ophthalmological Association(Past President) and is currently on the FDA Dermatologic and Ophthalmic Drugs Advisory Committee.
- Dr. Gicheru has a love of teaching and helping the underserved. He has given lectures all over the world. For several years, our local medical school has awarded him an Outstanding Service Award for his work teaching young surgeons.
- He has volunteered his skills and time in Thailand, the Philippines, Kenya, South Africa, China, Japan and Haiti.
Dr. Gicheru received his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering and Pre-Medical studies from Southern Methodist University. He obtained his Medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. Thereafter he completed his Medical Internship at the prestigious Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard Medical School program. He went on to complete his Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
On a personal note, Dr. Gicheru was born in Superior, Wisconsin. He has lived in the Dallas metroplex for over 30 years. He is married with 2 children. For recreation, he enjoys long distance running, cycling, swimming, world travel and electronic gadgetry.
Below you can find out more information about any of our highly trained eye doctors.