Clear Lens Exchange Dallas
Do you desire Vision Correction?
Have you been told you are not a LASIK candidate?
Have you been told you are not a Visian ICL candidate?
Too impatient to wait for insurance to cover cataract surgery?
Then, clear lens exchange may be an option.
What is Clear Lens Exchange(CLE)?
The surgery is the same as Cataract surgery, except a Clear lens (instead of a Cloudy Cataract) is removed. This surgery is never covered by insurance. It is considered a Refractive Surgery and involves the use of Specialty lens implants and/or Laser technology. For more options, see Refractive Cataract Surgery below.
What are the lens and technology options with Clear Lens Exchange?
We use the same lenses and technologies as we do with Refractive Cataract Surgery:
- ReSTOR lens: This lens uses diffractive technology to correct vision for near, computer distance and far distance vision. Some patients may notice rings in their vision in the early post-op period.
- ReSTOR TORIC lens: This lens is similar to the ReSTOR, but it also corrects low levels of astigmatism.
- Crystalens: This lens flexes to correction vision for distance and computer distance vision. Most patients require reading glasses unless one eye is left a little blurry in the distance to allow reading.
- Trulign lens: Similar to the Crystalens, but it also corrects low levels of astigmatism.
- TORIC lens: These lenses correct astigmatism at the time of Cataract surgery.
- Laser Cataract Surgery: A special femto-second laser is used to either correct astigmatism or assist with some steps of Cataract surgery.
What are the benefits of Clear lens Exchange?
- After Clear Lens Exchange, you will not require cataract surgery in the future.
- You can expect vision as good as after cataract surgery.
What are the risks of Clear Lens Exchange?
The risks of clear lens exchange are the same as for cataract surgery. For nearsighted patients, an exam by a retina specialist may be advised.