SMILE Frequently Asked Questions
In a recent FDA study More than 95% of participants were satisfied with their vision following LASIK surgery.
Call 214-328-0444 to schedule your free SMILE consult!
Is SMILE Vision Correction new and is it safe?
SMILE has been available outside the US for over 5 years. As of 2017, 1 million SMILE procedures have been performed worldwide. The reports have been great. LASIK-like visual results with LASIK-like safety profile. The reason is that it uses a more advanced version of the Laser that is used to create LASIK flaps. The Visumax Femto-second laser was FDA approved in September 2016. In June 2017, we were the first practice in DFW to bring the laser. Reason: We are LIT (Leading In Technology).
What is the Price?
For a limited time, we are offering SMILE Vision Correction are near LASIK prices. Bringing this technology to DFW is extremely expensive. However, for a limited time, we will honor this Price commitment. Call 214 328-0444 to schedule a FREE SMILE Consult.
Am I a candidate?
Initially, only patients with certain range of Myopia and Astigmatism qualify for SMILE. Also, the eye has to be healthy. To find out, called 214 328-0444 to schedule a FREE SMILE consultation in one of our 3 offices.
What if I am not a candidate?
If you are not an SMILE Vision Correction candidate, you may still be a candidate for LASIK. If you are not IF you are not a candidate for SMILE and LASIK, you may still be a candidate for PRK.
What are the advantages of SMILE over LASIK?
The advantages of SMILE over LASIK include:
- No LASIK flap: Less risk of eye damage with trauma.
- Allows patients to return to make-up, gym and swimming sooner that LASIK.
- Studies show visual results comparable to LASIK.
- Uses a femtosecond laser similar to that used for “all laser” LASIK.
- Only 1 laser is used with SMILE: LASIK uses 2 lasers.
- Theoretical advantages that still need to be proved with clinical studies:
- Less dry eye
- Better retention of cornea rigidity.
What are the advantages of LASIK over SMILE
The advantages of LASIK over SMILE include:
- Has been around longer.
- Slightly faster visual recovery with LASIK.
What are the risks of SMILE
- Most of the risks (infection, inflammation, etc) of SMILE are similar to LASIK.
- Given it is a flapless procedure, there is no flap to damage with Eye trauma.
- Given it is relatively new, there may be additional benefits and risks found in time.
What are the advantages of SMILE over PRK
The advantages of SMILE over PRK
- Must faster visual recovery in most cases.
- Both procedures are flapless and this is safer in the case of eye trauma.
Go To Homepage SMILE Vision Correction SMILE is coming to DALLAS! Dallas SMILE Eye Surgery Press Release ReLEx SMILE 10 Reasons for SMILE Surgery SMILE Candidate SMILE by the numbers SMILE SURGERY Explained