Zeiss SMILE Frequently Asked Questions
Call 214-328-0444 to schedule your free Zeiss SMILE consult!
Is Zeiss SMILE Vision Correction new and is it safe?
Zeiss SMILE has been available outside the US for over 5 years. As of 2017, 1 million Zeiss SMILE procedures have been performed worldwide. The reports have been great. LASIK-like visual results with LASIK-like safety profile. The reason is that it uses a more advanced version of the Laser that is used to create LASIK flaps. The Visumax Femto-second laser was FDA approved in September 2016. In June 2017, we were the first practice in DFW to bring the laser. Reason: We are LIT (Leading In Technology).
What is the Price?
For a limited time, we are offering Zeiss SMILE Vision Correction near LASIK prices. Bringing this technology to DFW is extremely expensive. However, for a limited time, we will honor this Price commitment. Call 214 328-0444 to schedule a FREE Zeiss SMILE Consult.
Am I a candidate?
Initially, only patients with a certain range of Myopia and Astigmatism qualify for Zeiss SMILE. Also, the eye has to be healthy. To find out, calling 214 328-0444 to schedule a FREE Zeiss SMILE consultation in one of our 3 offices.
What if I am not a candidate?
If you are not a Zeiss SMILE Vision Correction candidate, you may still be a candidate for LASIK. If you are not a candidate for Zeiss SMILE and LASIK, you may still be a candidate for PRK.
What are the advantages of Zeiss SMILE over LASIK?
The advantages of Zeiss SMILE over LASIK include:
- No LASIK flap: Less risk of eye damage with trauma.
- Allows patients to return to make-up, gym and swimming sooner than LASIK.
- Studies show visual results comparable to LASIK.
- Uses a femtosecond laser similar to that used for “all laser” LASIK.
- Only 1 laser is used with Zeiss SMILE: LASIK uses 2 lasers.
- Theoretical advantages that still need to be proved with clinical studies:
- Less dry eye
- Better retention of cornea rigidity.
What are the advantages of LASIK over Zeiss SMILE
The advantages of LASIK over Zeiss SMILE include:
- Has been around longer.
- Slightly faster visual recovery with LASIK.
What are the risks of Zeiss SMILE
- Most of the risks (infection, inflammation, etc) of Zeiss SMILE are similar to LASIK.
- Given it is a flapless procedure, there is no flap to damage with Eye trauma.
- Given it is relatively new, there may be additional benefits and risks found in time.
What are the advantages of Zeiss SMILE over PRK
The advantages of Zeiss SMILE over PRK
- Must faster visual recovery in most cases.
- Both procedures are flapless and this is safer in the case of eye trauma.
Go To Homepage Zeiss SMILE Vision Correction Zeiss SMILE is coming to DALLAS! Dallas SMILE Eye Surgery Press Release 10 Reasons for Zeiss SMILE Surgery Zeiss SMILE Candidate Zeiss SMILE by the numbers Zeiss SMILE SURGERY Explained
Schedule a free consultation