SMILE Frequently Asked Questions
In a recent FDA study, More than 95% of participants were satisfied with their vision following LASIK surgery.
Call 214-328-0444 to schedule your free SMILE consult!
Is SMILE Vision Correction new and is it safe?
SMILE has been available outside the US for over 5 years. As of 2017, 1 million SMILE procedures have been performed worldwide. The reports have been great. LASIK-like visual results with LASIK-like safety profile. The reason is that it uses a more advanced version of the Laser that is used to create LASIK flaps. The Visumax Femto-second laser was FDA approved in September 2016. In June 2017, we were the first practice in DFW to bring the laser. Reason: We are LIT (Leading In Technology).
What is the Price?
For a limited time, we are offering SMILE Vision Correction are near LASIK prices. Bringing this technology to DFW is extremely expensive. However, for a limited time, we will honor this Price commitment. Call 214 328-0444 to schedule a FREE SMILE Consult.
Am I a candidate?
Initially, only patients with a certain range of Myopia and Astigmatism qualify for SMILE. Also, the eye has to be healthy. To find out, calling 214 328-0444 to schedule a FREE SMILE consultation in one of our 3 offices.
What if I am not a candidate?
If you are not a SMILE Vision Correction candidate, you may still be a candidate for LASIK. If you are not IF you are not a candidate for SMILE and LASIK, you may still be a candidate for PRK.
What are the advantages of SMILE over LASIK?
The advantages of SMILE over LASIK include:
- No LASIK flap: Less risk of eye damage with trauma.
- Allows patients to return to make-up, gym and swimming sooner that LASIK.
- Studies show visual results comparable to LASIK.
- Uses a femtosecond laser similar to that used for “all laser” LASIK.
- Only 1 laser is used with SMILE: LASIK uses 2 lasers.
- Theoretical advantages that still need to be proved with clinical studies:
- Less dry eye
- Better retention of cornea rigidity.
What are the advantages of LASIK over SMILE
The advantages of LASIK over SMILE include:
- Has been around longer.
- Slightly faster visual recovery with LASIK.
What are the risks of SMILE
- Most of the risks (infection, inflammation, etc) of SMILE are similar to LASIK.
- Given it is a flapless procedure, there is no flap to damage with Eye trauma.
- Given it is relatively new, there may be additional benefits and risks found in time.
What are the advantages of SMILE over PRK
The advantages of SMILE over PRK
- Must faster visual recovery in most cases.
- Both procedures are flapless and this is safer in the case of eye trauma.
Schedule a free consultation