The thought of a Zombie Apocalypse is frightening for many.

Whenever the topic of a zombie apocalypse comes up, people have their own ideas on what they’d do to survive should it occur. Most people think that they have a fair shot at survival, citing various ways in which they would prepare for it. Preparations range from stockpiling guns and ammunition, to packing excess bottled water and plenty of canned food, to building or buying whole structures to hide out in. Everyone likes to think that they would survive, but the plain fact is, many wouldn’t. Sadly, for those who wear eyeglasses and contacts, they are among the unlucky lot that would have a minimal chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse.

You’ve watched The Walking Dead, anyone’s chance of survival is low but how many of The Walking Dead stars do you see in glasses?

Reasons Why Eyeglasses Wouldn’t Help During a Zombie Apocalypse

  • Eyeglasses are cumbersome

Of all the people who have poor vision in Dallas Texas, about 64% wear eyeglasses to improve their vision. Many can’t stand them, fussing that eyeglasses are cumbersome, headache-inducing and that they don’t work in all situations. If you are sensitive to light like a vampire, but can’t afford those fancy lenses or prescription sunglasses that automatically go from light to dark, you will also have complaints of your own. You’ll realize that the traditional eyeglasses can’t adjust accordingly when you move from darker indoors towards outer outdoors.
Things could get even worse for you if you have a tiny Finnish nose. Wearing your eyeglasses for more than a few hours a day would leave the bridge of your nose sore as hell. With such discomforts, you wouldn’t stand a better chance of fighting off unsympathetic zombies now, would you?

  • Eyeglasses fog up

Another problem with old-fashioned eyeglasses is that they fog up with changes in temperatures. Eyeglasses can also get spattered with mud during a rainstorm, and you may not have the luxury of time to keep wiping your glasses for perfect vision during a zombie apocalypse. Since there’s no way of knowing what season the zombies will strike, eyeglasses wouldn’t do you any justice. With this foggy issue, what chances would you have of surviving? Your guess is as good as mine – almost nil.

  • Eyeglasses are highly susceptible to scratching and breaking

So you can afford high-tech eyeglasses that are self-regulating and less cumbersome? Good for you, but woe unto you if you think that you have a better chance of survival than those who are stuck with old-fashioned prescription eyeglasses. Think of a scenario where you’re fighting off a bunch of zombies trying to munch you. There’s no way your eyeglasses can stay intact when you’re engaged in such a vigorous fight for your dear life. Your eyeglasses will somehow get knocked off your face at some point. Even if you were to miraculously win the battle with impaired vision at that particular moment, your eyeglasses would eventually get scratched or break – God forbid – and you would surely lose the war in the end.

Solution – Stockpile a bunch of spare glasses with your food and ammo.

Reasons Why Contacts Wouldn’t Help During a Zombie Apocalypse

In a perfect world, contacts are better compared to eyeglasses. They are more stylish, have an increased natural field of vision, and are not affected by external elements. In a zombie world, however, contacts are just unbelievably impractical, just like eyeglasses. Here are the reasons why contacts won’t help you much during a zombie apocalypse:

  • Contacts need to be replaced regularly

If you wear contacts daily, you already know that they aren’t supposed to be worn for more than 3 months. So, what would happen if the zombie apocalypse would occur right before you replace your contacts? What if the apocalypse would last more than the three months? Either way, you would be screwed.

  • Contacts need more time to wear

Unlike wearing eyeglasses, sticking contact lenses in the eyes takes more time. At a time when you’d be looking over your shoulder almost all of the time, you’d find wearing your contacts a time-consuming act.

  • Contacts require more care

Contacts gather dirt easily and they also tend to dry out. This makes them extremely uncomfortable to wear. Moreover, dirty contact lenses could cause eye infections. To ensure that maximum comfort, perfect vision, and optimum optical health is maintained, you need to give your contacts extra care. This means storing them properly when you take them off and cleaning them thoroughly before wearing them. In zombie world, you wouldn’t get a chance to convince killer zombies to hold on a bit so you can wash your lenses, or would you? Not a chance.

Solution – buy some glasses and lots of them as backups

How Laser Eye Surgery Could Help You Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

If you wouldn’t want to deal with the stress that is presented by eyeglasses and contact lenses, you need to consider laser eye surgery. This is the only procedure that not only guarantees a trouble-free life in the perfect world, but it’s also the perfect procedure that would improve your chances of survival in the land of zombies.
Essentially, there are three types of laser eye surgery that you can opt for – LASIK, PRK or SMILE eye surgery. Each of these three procedures has its unique benefits, but the bottom line is that they all present you with an ultimate solution. Here are the benefits that laser eye surgery has over eyeglasses and contact lenses:

  • Long-term solution: While contact lenses and eyeglasses need to be replaced frequently, laser eye surgery offers a long-term solution. Changes made to your eyes during the laser eye surgery treatment will be permanent, thus providing a much longer lasting solution compared to other forms of vision correction.
  • Cheaper in the long-term: Considering that you will have to replace contact lenses regularly, this can amount to huge costs in the long-term. Laser eye surgery may cost more initially, but it being a one-time procedure means that it’s cheaper in the long run.
  • Increased freedom: With contact lenses, you have to struggle to wear them and put them in your eyes in the morning. Also, you can’t afford to forget to take contact lens fluid with you whenever you are on the go. With laser eye surgery, you will have more freedom since you do not need a lot of preparation before you leave the house.
  • Reduced risk of infection: Contact lenses require a lot of care in order to achieve optimal optical health. After undergoing laser eye surgery in Dallas Texas, the risk of eye infections will be eliminated.
  • Improved Vision: With laser eye surgery, it’s possible to get 20/20 vision or better. This is hard to achieve with contact lenses and eyeglasses.

Be in the 36%

As you know, being armed to the teeth during a zombie apocalypse wouldn’t help much if you don’t have perfect vision to manage your arsenal. No doubt you would be scared to see (or not see) a gang of bloody zombies trying to devour you. Don’t let your horrible eyesight immensely hamper your survival skills. Having evaluated the aspects that make laser eye surgery better than wearing eyeglasses and contacts, it’s right to say that it’s the perfect solution that could increase your chance of survival during a Zombie Apocalypse. Think about it, if you’re one of the 64% that wear glasses, your chances of survival are not good but if you’re one of the 36% that don’t need them your chances are much better. Which group do you want to be in when the zombies come? If you’re looking for LASIK in DallasCome see us at LaserCare Eye Center or Call us today, 214-328-0444, to be in the 36%.

Why athletes need to consider laser eye surgery

Contacts Vs LASIK Safety – Everything You Need to Know